Sunday, January 10, 2010

Father's Longing

Today I think have a little better understanding of how God longs for His church to come together in love and worship. Each Sunday He must long for those who are not there. He is often longing for you and for me but we don't realize it. We go about our day-to-day lives forgetting that He is waiting and that He is longing.

The afternoon is quiet. It is the first quiet afternoon in this house for over two weeks. For a moment, the quiet is nice, but then I realize it will be quiet for a long time. From time to time, some of the ones we love will be here in the house and it will be grand, but behind the fun and laughter, there will be the realization that some are missing. Some are far away. We will talk with them frequently on the phone, but we won't be able to touch them for a long, long time. I miss them already. I long for them. I long for them all. I long for the day when all twelve of us will once again be in the same room with all the comotion...with all the love...with ability to touch each one.

Luke 11:13: If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

If I, who is evil, longs so for my children, how much more does our heavenly Father long for us? Let us join together in worship. Let all the children of God come together in love and worship. Don't let Him long for you.


1 comment:

Nate said...

Joe,

I miss you man. Call me this weekend.